Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Course Reflection

Upon finishing this Walden University course, Understanding the impact of technology on education, work and society, I have learned a lot of new skills and ways of thinking that I will now be able to use in the classroom and beyond. From podcasting and producing a blog to using wiki pages to help students set up and create their own website. I feel that this course has helped me to take my base line understanding of a lot of these technologies and think about them in terms of the classroom. Many things change when they enter the classroom and this is also true of technology.

by keeping up with technology and science blogs through RSS I will be able to continue the education that I have already started here during this course. I have found that using RSS is very helpful and like a personalized newspaper in the morning. I can even access my RSS on my handheld whenever im in commute from one place to another. This makes keeping up to date and on top of things very easy.

One goal that I would like to set it to redesign 3 units that I teach next year to incorporate more of the 21st century skills. I would like to build on the problem solving and group work that seems very important for today's students to learn. I would also like to work on a grant that will create funds for the school I work at to have more computers for the students that attend. By having more computers it opens up the opportunity for teachers to start using them. The more teachers that use them the more conversation that happens among teachers etc. good things happen. I think that technology is making large leaps and bounds in my school and I can use what i learned here (and hopefully will continue to learn) to help support other teachers in incorporating tech in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment